Monday, February 16, 2009

இ BJ THOMAS, Hooked On A Feeling|Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head|I Just Can't Help Believin|Rock & Roll Lullaby|

B. J. Thomas (Billy Joe Thomas, born August 7, 1942, in Hugo, Oklahoma) is an American popular singer known for his chart-topping hits in the 1960s and 1970s.Thomas was reared in and around Houston, Texas. He graduated from Lamar Consolidated High School in Rosenberg. Before his solo career, Thomas sang in a church choir as a teenager then joined the musical group The Triumphs. In 1966, B. J. Thomas and The Triumphs released the album, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Pacemaker Records). The album featured a hit cover of the Hank Williams song, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". In the same year, Thomas released a solo album of the same name (Scepter Records).







Thomas achieved mainstream success again in 1968, with the single "Hooked on a Feeling", which featured the sound of an electric sitar, first released on the album On My Way (Scepter Records). The 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, featured Thomas performing the (Burt Bacharach - Hal David) song "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head", which became the number one song on the Billboard Hot 100 in January 1970. The song was also released on an album of the same name. Other hits of the seventies were "Just Can't Help Believing" (Billboard #9 in 1970, covered by Elvis Presley), "Rock and Roll Lullaby", "No Love", "Everybody Is Out of Town" and "Mighty Clouds of Joy". [wikipedia]

No comments: